I have now added stars to the Goodbye Quilt. I really feel they have lifted the quilt a level or two. My problem is that I chosed the border fabric after I had finished sewing the ninepatch-blocks, and the border fabric is not so bright as the blue fabrics I used in the middle. So I had to make a plan, finding a way to create a "colorbridge".
I tried to tone the colours a little bit down in the starborders. I really like these borders :). Now I only have to add the outer borders, and the top is done. As usual the quilt will end up bigger than I planned, just like my knitting (ex knitting, don`t do that stuff anymore) lol
Have fun sewing!
4 weeks ago