Sunday, June 13, 2010

Slow progress

Although I work on different projects almost every day, I still am a long way from finishing any of them. I find that I much rather want to start new ones. I have finished the stitchery for The Patchwork Village quilt by Rosie - at last!



The houses are so cute, I wish I could live in them!

One of the reasons my quilting is slow these days is that I am totally lost in the world of Jane Austen. I just finished reading Persuasion, and last weekend I stayed up late watching that same film, and the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. I have ordered not one, but two films of Emma, and have ordered more books. My husband is glued to the TV due to the soccer world championship - and I hate football!! I have to suffer a whole month, before the torture is over.

My only consolation is the thrill I will feel when my hubby have to spend the following month watching ALL the Jane Austen films. Sweet revenge..LOL

Have fun sewing!!

Siv Hege

7 comments:

  1. I am working on this project right now. I am stitching on block #5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så mange nydelige sticherier....... takk for hyggelig kommentar på bloggen. Ha en strålende og kreativ uke......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sticheriene dine er nydelige :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your houses.....so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gleder meg til oppskriften på denne kommer i posten. Jeg har stor forståelse for at Jane Austen kan forstyrre døgnrytmen! Hun er fantastisk, men jeg tror nok nevnte Persuasion er min favoritt. Mange fine filmatiseringer å slappe av til ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a huge project - congratulations for completing it. While I'm not a Jane Austen fan (gasp - I know! I think I'm the only woman who doesn't like her) I loved your comment about the sweet revenge. My son is a huge soccer fan and I'm so glad he's in his own place now. He visited Saturday and told me what time the game would be, as he was leaving. He still really thinks I'll spend my spare time watching it - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your patchwork village - I must go and google it to see if I can get the pattern. Keep up the sewing - I am like you I love starting new projects and am not so good finishing the UFOs. Perhps you need two TVs??

    ReplyDelete