Thursday, November 11, 2010

Making Comfort Quilts

Last Saturday my guild organized a come-together-and-sew-comfort-quilts-day. Twice a year we meet for a Saturday of sewing together, eating cake and enjoy each others company. My guild is a major contributor of comfort quilts, and many of the members makes quilts all year around as well.



Two eager and deeply consentrated ladies at work.






Hege made the top for a dino quilt, the one hanging over the iron board. She had brought her darling little boy, who entertained us with his cute little baby talk :) Music to my ears!





This time I actually manage to finish a top, although it didn`t turn out the way I planned. That is what you get when this blonde works with no strategy, lol. Here you see the top laying on a cute bear fleece, which will serve as backing.


Have fun sewing!

Siv Hege

2 comments:

  1. ah, but if you don't have a plan to start with, the quilt will turn out exactly as you planned.

    It's a great quilt, and some one is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the top you made. It's great to have such a day. I host a comfort quilt day just once a year and it's so much fun to organize

    ReplyDelete