Saturday, August 1, 2009

Finishing a big WISP

I made this king-size bedquilt for my mum, who turned 60 in April. I knew the quilt would stay with me a bit longer, I didn`t rush to finish the binding.




Today, however, I got inspired (and wanted a bit more space in my sewingroom, he he), so I finally got the binding on. Sewing the top was not a major task, but zigzaging around all the 36 (or so) tulips was! Cutting off the excess batting was also a hard job. (I sweated and moaned, but did not say any bad words...honestly!).



I left the quilting in the hand of a professional, Merethe. She did a beautiful job quilting butterflies and loops. You can see the quilt on her Flickr-side if you scroll down. I love the quilt, and I know my mum does too :)


Have fun sewing!

Siv Hege

4 comments:

  1. WOW Så flott quilt!!! Her er det noen timer med jobb :o)) Nydelig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing quilt. Your mother will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eit nydeleg sengeteppe! Det er noko eige med Log Cabin. Uansett nye blokker og teknikkar, denne er ein sikker vinnar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NYDELIG!!! Har sagt det før, og sier det igjen - nydelig! Heldig mamma...

    ReplyDelete